Two types of animation methods on the web:
- Low band-witch/low tech
- Introduced in 1989
- Simple format
- Decoding start before data is downloaded
- No additional software
- Browser deployed receiver and decoder
- Treated like a static gif file in code
- Adobe Flash
- Rich Media application of Vector image for animation
- The SWF file format and free flash player
- Uses vector and bitmap graphic, sounds and program code
- Bring in typography, video, sound, scripting language, and animation.
First part of design process is meeting clients and learning what they do
Research the business
- Is there an existed brand/logo or do they already have a website
- Target your Audience
- Then put yourself in the visitor shoes
- Organize thoughts and start designing the site
- Viewer likes the site but are more interested in the content
- User can move about easily
- Recognize the page belongs to the website
Web Page Anatomy
- The basic web page has a container, logo, navigation, content, footer, white space.
- Should use the rule of thirds in web design.
A morgue file is saving inspiration of websites you like or are good for a site you are designing.
- Expandable Footers